Military Transition Package
Making the transition from military to civilian flying is a big goal! To assist you in streamlining this journey, CMC has designed services to help you with career planning, when to start the process, application & resume completion, understanding the world of civilian pilot interviews, and much, much, more.
First Step: You will speak with one of our Military Transition Specialists to better understand your background, your goals, and your timeline. Additionally, we can address any questions you may have surrounding: transitioning, help with rushing a squadron, retirement, and networking, to name a few.
Included in this service:
1. Three of our most popular books.
- Checklist for Success-A Pilot's Guide to a Successful Airline Interview
- Reporting Clear? A Pilot's Interview Guide to Background Checks and Presentation of Personal Background Check History both by Cheryl A. Cage
- The Military Pilots Guide to Civilian Employment-A Transition Checklist by Christopher Rothe, Angie Marshall, Cheryl Cage
**If you have one of these books, we can substitute for another product.**
2. Application and resume review.
- Submit two applications and one resume for review.
- Our consultants will critique your documents and contact you directly to schedule your one-hour telephone consult to discuss suggested corrections. Please allow up 15 business days (three weeks)
- Make recommended application changes and resubmit* applications for a second review to ensure accuracy. (A resubmitted application must be completed within 45 days of the initial review or additional fees will be charged.)
- An email with your final application corrections/recommendations will be provided.
3. Six hours of one-on-one consultations.
- In order to obtain the most out of our time together, we ask you read the books prior to your initial interview preparation appointment.
- An initial two-hour interview prep session: mock interview, discussion of weaknesses, strengths, presentation of anomalies & paperwork, etc.
- A one hour follow up session: intended to answer any last minute questions, review areas of weaknesses noted during the initial prep, etc.
- Additional three hours of consult can be used for: additional prep sessions, job fair/recruiting event, meet & greet prep, special concerns/career consult, technical prep sessions, etc.
Total hours: 35 to 45 hours of self-study time which includes time spent reviewing and working through books, homework, and speaking with our Military Transition Specialist.
Package price: $799.00 (you save $658.00)
Your Personal Interview Consultant will assist you in how to clearly explain your experiences in any type of aviation interview. Our Interview Preparation Program is a multi-phase process:
Initial two-hour consult:
Initial consultations consist of a 45-minute mock interview followed by a complete critique of your responses, attitude, appearance, strengths/weaknesses, etc.
We help you:
- Understand the reasoning behind the pilot interviewing process.
- Become familiar with the roles of the people involved in the process.
- Gain an awareness of the most common interviewing mistakes.
- Help identify what life experiences (both positive and negative) best describe your individual personality.
- Learn how to discuss your life experiences in a complex yet concise manner.
- Practice your verbal delivery.
- Critique your physical appearance to ensure a professional impression.
- Organize and gather your paperwork, discuss areas of concern, background questions, areas surrounding logbooks and applications, etc.
- A homework package will be emailed to you after session one:
- Additional interview questions.
- Gathering additional paperwork.
- Creation of addendum, letters of explanation, etc.
- One-hour session consisting of
- Re-addressing areas of concerns and weaknesses from previous sessions.
- Discussing homework.
- Discussing and reviewing any documentation that you have gathered or created and address any questions or concerns that you have.
1. Complete your purchase of the package online.
2. Email your resume and/or application to email@example.com.
3. Books will be shipped the same business day via USPS Priority Mail.
4. Once you receive the books, begin reading and completing the worksheets.
5. Schedule your appointments based on your needs and your time frame on the Scheduling page of our website.
6. Additional homework (if applicable) will be sent by your consultant following your initial session.